what you need to know
It is important to understand that these workshops are not for beginners. You need to be at a level capable of understanding:
- How to operate your camera in manual mode.
- How to adjust shutter speed and aperture to maintain equal exposure.
- How to use aperture priority, shutter priority, and manual and to understand the differences between them.
- Digital interchangeable lens cameras are mandatory. The workshops are not suitable for point and shoot type cameras. We expect you to know how to download images from your camera to a laptop and organize your files so you can select images for critique.
- Digital memory cards, at least two.
- Batteries, chargers, and necessary cables.
- Camera manual.
- Laptop computer with recent operating system and all batteries, adapters, and cables necessary to operate it.
- External hard drive, thumb drive, or blank CDs/DVDs for backing up your images.
- Recent version of editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Aperture, Lightroom, or Photo Mechanic.